Okay, Bachelor fans…this one’s for you. (: People that know me well know that I am OBSESSED with all things Bachelor. And, in these trying times full of anxiety and talks of quarantine and “the world ending”, I’m writing this because:
- Might as well partake and enjoy some entertainment when we’re all practicing “social distancing” (:
- And, this season finale has really, really stirred up heated feelings with many viewers, ESPECIALLY me!
As you may have seen Thursday night, Madi made a post on her Instagram, almost immediately Peter followed, stating that they “were going their separate ways”. And, I have to say, I’m equally disappointed and relieved for the both of them. I want to focus on Madi’s side of things here since she absolutely did NOT deserve what was handed to her this season! Or, did she?
“I mean, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Can’t change the past, and there’s a lot that was out of my control. I’m not a mom, so I don’t know what it’s like to have a son, to have kids,” Madison said in response. “I know that I have love and respect for Peter. Therefore, I have love and respect for Peter’s family and I will never say a negative word about anyone or anything” (Madison Prewitt, courtesy of ET Online).
Alright ^, we all saw #crazyBarb’s response to Chris Harrison when he asked Barb what it would take for Peter & Madi to earn their blessing. Do you remember when she said that they would have to FAIL TO SUCCEED?!?! Are you kidding me?????? I couldn’t believe she said that, and for Madi to say that response above just shows how INCREDIBLE, poised, and humble her character is. She truly has such a strong faith that her words and behavior were unwavering, even in the most unruly and ruthless attack I’ve ever seen on reality TV!
So, why did Barb not want Peter to be with Madi? Why did she want him to be with Hannah so badly? These are my thoughts:
Madi is a strong woman. She’s shown us that from the beginning. She’s incredibly mature, wise, confident in herself, is well spoken, and never interfered with the drama during this season. She stayed so true to herself, in fact, that Savannah (a VERY cute girl cut from this season way too early) unveiled to the Ben & Ashley I. podcast that Madi would often be in her room doing Bible study!
While Hannah Ann’s NOW shown herself to be well spoken as well, Madi was this way from the start. We all saw Madi & Peter’s chemistry from the beginning, and it was really sweet to see her attend his parents’ vow renewal early on in the process. I don’t think I was the only one who thought “This girl seems to have it all!” MY theory is…Barb saw how strong of a woman Madi was – she saw the potential for Madi to take Peter away from her and, as the Bible says in Genesis 2:24, “a man will leave his father and mother & shall cleave to his wife.” Miss Barb was NOT going to be okay with that! She saw a strong young woman stuck in her ways and how much Peter was OBSESSED with her, so when she heard that it was between her and Hannah Ann as the final two, she hopped up on Hannah Ann’s bandwagon faster than a duck on a junebug!
Honestly, I wish Madi would have saved herself a trip on this show. I’m sure now that she’s BFFs with Selena Gomez…and who knows who else…things will work out fine for her, but I simply wish she would’ve saved herself the heart ache. Let me be clear: I’m SO thankful she set such a great example for young women everywhere to NEVER settle and stand up for what you believe in. I’m also thankful that faith was shown on the show; however, Madi had to have known from the beginning that Peter wasn’t for her. Here’s why:
- It’s been advertised all over the Internet that he and Hannah Brown had sex together 4 times in a windmill. (Need I say more to the girl that wants to save herself for marriage?)
- It appears that sex is important to Peter, and my theory is that he slept with Victoria in the fantasy suites and not Hannah Ann, but I could be wrong! I also have a theory that he did sleep with Hannah Ann after they got engaged. (:
- Peter had difficulty making decisions throughout the ENTIRE show. We thought he’d allow Hannah Brown back on (I still think he could be in love with her.); I thought he’d send Kelsey home after #champagnegate; he let BEAUTIFUL women go home without talking to them; he couldn’t remember girls’ names or their entrances; and, was I the only one who was BAFFLED when he sent Victoria P. home?! He gave her SO many signs that she could be a front runner, then all of a sudden, she’s gone! Now, hindsight’s 20/20 and I think that was the right decision. (See below to have your head spun around like mine was when I saw this…)Thanks to reddit.com, I can’t even tell that this is HER! WHY did this sweet girl to the left feel the need to morph into a porn star-esque looking girl to the right?? Sigh…I’ll never understand.
- After the conversation Madi had with Peter about her faith, it seemed evident that Peter was not on the same page with her spiritually. Perhaps it was how they were raised, maybe WHERE they were raised, who knows – but Peter is not in the Word every day. Does that mean two people aren’t meant to be together? No, not at all. However, two people must decide what is going to shape their relationship – the Word or the world? Madi’s whole perspective comes from the Bible and her relationship with God. It seems that Peter’s comes from his parents, his career, and what seems “fun” to him. Something that did get me excited was when he did say that he has had faith, but he wasn’t where he wanted to be. Not to endorse “missionary dating”, but it CAN happen. I didn’t expect Madi to want that, but it seemed she was definitely willing to work with him through that.
- This is when I HOPPED ON BOARD. How beautiful would it be for Peter to have his life changed through The Bachelor by meeting this one beautiful gem of a woman?! That’s when I was hoping his faith would grow stronger & he’d want to dive deeper into knowing & understanding God. I still hope that for him. I hope that because 1) it’s the best thing I’ve ever done; and 2) if he doesn’t do this or stick up for himself quickly, his mother is going to continue to run his life. Which brings me to my next point…
- BARB. What in God’s name is this woman thinking???!!! I know. She doesn’t! She is impulsive, manipulative, controlling, and fearful, which is why she has so much power in her family of men. People were wondering why her husband wasn’t saying anything in the finale. Well, wouldn’t you be scared if you were her husband?! I’d feel like I would have a muzzle on me at all times! Madi in NO WAY deserves to have this be her family of in-laws. We all saw her precious family on TV. Were they “too much” for some people? Sure. But you can’t argue that they’re not good parents – look at Madi! When they went around and did the “special plate” for Madi, I just lost it. What a beautiful way to lift up & encourage your kids! And THIS is why Madi & Peter would not work out. Peter doesn’t know who he is and can’t make decisions because of his mother’s INSANE influence on his life. Madi is empowered & CAN make hard, beautiful, wise decisions because her parents have helped her put her trust in the Lord above all else. It seems that Peter doesn’t have much to trust in besides his mother’s opinion, which IS WRONG AND SHOULD STOP WHEN YOU’RE THREE YEARS AWAY FROM BEING 30.
Now, Peter is left with no one and Madi is living her best celebrity life. Maybe she’ll jump on the Sadie Robertson train and become a public speaker?? Who knows what she’ll do, but I’d be SHOCKED, and honestly, confused if she continues onto Paradise or another show. My hope is that Peter can realize how manipulative his mother has been within his family & in his life. I hope he can gain the strength and the courage to stand up to her and, honestly, to go to counseling!
The hard question and controversial topic to debate is: can people of faith go on these shows? Sure they can. It’s a free country and I love to see people’s strong beliefs such as Madi’s; however, they can’t expect others to change or adopt a new lifestyle “just like that”. It was clear that love was INDEED not enough for the two of them to continue on. I’m upset with Peter in that he seemed he let his mom win this season of The Bachelor. But, I’m also upset with Madi that she seemed to compromise so many of her values for someone who wouldn’t do that in return. It will be interesting to see how this continues to play out!
And NOW, poor Clare Crawley! Her season has been paused due to the Coronavirus, which still gives us time to ruminate over this awful finale. I will end this rant (that I’m sure no one is reading by now) with one of the best memes I’ve ever seen. Thanks for reading! xoxo.
The caption reads: That’s actually Peter’s gold plated umbilical cord she’s wearing tonight #TheBachelor #TheBachelorFinale
You’re welcome. Stay safe & wash your hands!!!!!!